Your pet spa’s Google search visibility plays a significant role in your ability to reach new pet parents. Whether you’ve already conquered the organic search results or not, crafting a winning Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas can help you get the most out of your search presence, generate more leads, fill up your appointment book, and increase customer lifetime value. Keep reading to learn how to build a strategy that helps you accomplish all that and more.
Advertising Trends and Insights Pet Spas Need to Know
When it comes to advertising, the consumer has taken the reins, and they’re leading their own customer journey. They have more options and power than ever before, and they’re using it. This means it’s harder than ever to get someone’s attention.
You must find a way to reclaim some of your power to guide the buying journey. And, of course, how you craft your Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas can help you do that.
When it comes to choosing where to reach your next pet spa super-client, you have a lot of options. Google search advertising is just one of them. You could run social media ads, work with an influencer, manage reviews, email, and the list goes on.
While you may not be able to hit all of these at once, each of them works together to amplify your online presence and customer experience. Leverage that to connect with pet parents who want to pamper their pooch and those who have a hairy situation on their hands.
Timing matters. What is your loyal pet parent dealing with today? What do they need from you? Hint: it may not even be grooming services — yet. To get to the bottom of this conundrum, you need to grasp how the pet parent’s buying journey works.
- Awareness. Your pet parent hasn’t even considered making an appointment with you yet. They may be new to town or had a bad experience with another pet spa. They’re searching in Google for answers to their problems. They may be trying to manage grooming at home. This is the time to be helpful, not promotional.
- Interest. You’ve now been formally introduced and this person is willing to learn more about you. They may seek you out and they notice your branding when they see it again, allowing you to guide them back to your website if they leave.
- Research. Now, they’re invested. They’re navigating your website, learning about you, checking reviews, seeing if you have a social media presence and finding out if you offer the services they’re looking for.
- Purchase. They make an appointment. The easier you can make this process, the better.
- Experience. Beyond delighting them in your pet spa, you want them to come back and tell their friends. So you create an inviting online experience.
It’s critical to realize that they can leave at any time in this journey. They have the power. But you can guide and redirect them with the right message.
You need to understand your target audience’s motivations at any given stage of the journey. Align your Google ad copy and landing page with this reason to resonate with them, so they continue to explore what you have to offer.
Digital Advertising Options, Platforms, and Benefits
Whether your goal is to get more leads, increase brand awareness, or improve your targeting, digital advertising can help you reach these goals. Plus, it’s so trackable and adaptable. Once you implement your Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas, you’ll be able to see what’s working and what isn’t quickly. Then revise your course to get better results.
At the end of the day, search advertising (such as Google Ads) is the best way to deliver the right message at the right time. You have the most control over when your doting pet parents see a certain ad because you know what they’re searching for when they see it. However, you can amplify the effectiveness of Google Ads when you think a little bigger, so we do want to briefly mention some other options and how they complement your Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas.
- Microsoft Search Ads. It’s true that Google has a much larger share of search traffic. But fewer businesses advertise with Microsoft and the users tend to be older and wealthier — a.k.a. willing to spend money on their fur babies. Microsoft won’t replace Google ads because it may not deliver enough leads to fill your calendar. But it can certainly deliver a competitive advantage and loyal customers.
- Social Media Ads. Social media is fantastic at generating brand awareness, providing social proof to convince a person to become a lead, and creating a magnetic online community. It’s also great for nurturing people who’ve already visited your website and redirecting them back to it through remarketing ads.
- Display Ads. These visual ads may appear on Google’s partner websites and YouTube. They can generate a lot of brand awareness and keep your pet spa top of mind. They often lack the perfect timing you get with search ads, so they don’t stand alone. But like each of these, they complement and amplify your Google Ads effectiveness. The right local marketing software can help you manage all of them more effectively.
Strategies + Top Tips for Pet Spas
Crafting a winning Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas comes down to these six elements we’ve summarized below. As we look at how to build a Google Ad strategy, you’ll quickly see why what we’ve covered thus far is so important.
The right goals help you get hyperfocused on what you want to achieve, so you don’t waste time or money on activities that don’t do much for you at the end of the day. You’ll make more informed decisions when you know what you want your ads to accomplish. And you’ll be able to maximize the ROI of your targeted ad campaigns.
Google Ads gives you 14 targeting options, so you can hone in on who your ideal customer is. When you are hypertargeted, you cut waste in the budget and reduce the impact of your competition to get faster, better results.
Did you know that your average pet parent sees over 5K ads a day? The spa in the adjacent neighborhood is not your only competition by a long shot. Online, you’re competing with every marketing message that pet parent sees today. Narrow targeting helps you get their attention and keep it to score that filled appointment slot.
It doesn’t matter how well you target if your message isn’t well-timed and on point. So revisit the buying journey and make sure your ads and landing pages communicate the right message at the right time to win this animal lover over.
Always ask yourself: why is this person viewing this ad right now? What are they trying to achieve? Then speak to that intent.
Advertising is never a “set it and forget it” activity. It doesn’t matter how well you think you targeted and delivered the message. You could be totally off the mark — or just need a slight adjustment to dramatically improve your ROI.
Track your macro-conversions like generating leads and scheduling appointments. But also pay attention to your micros, like re-engaging a cold lead and generating brand awareness. Micro-conversions metrics are critical. They determine what happens down the funnel (journey) or if people even get there.
What is your tracking telling you? It’s undoubtedly revealing gaps along the buying cycle and where you can do better. Optimize at each stage, including after they become a customer to increase word-of-mouth and customer lifetime value (LTV).
As you do, you’ll see your advertising costs go down, and ad performance go up. You’ll find your rhythm and what works. That leads us to our next vital element in any Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas.
Take what you’ve learned and scale it up. You now have effective systems in place to expand into other forms of advertising or double-down on Google Ads. You know when you spend a dollar, it will deliver a certain ROI. You can use that knowledge to decide how you want to grow your clientele and business.
With that said, it’s important to point out that digital advertising is ever-evolving. Customer trends and preferences do too. Continue to track, adapt, and optimize as you expand to achieve your long-term goals.
Demo Surefire Local’s Marketing Software
You don’t just want to make one more appointment today. You want to succeed long-term and grow your pet spa business. Crafting a winning Google Ads Strategy for Pet Spas helps you get there. But you need the right business intelligence marketing software to track, analyze, and improve performance.
At Surefire Local, we help you build hyperlocal, hyperfocused, hypergrowth strategies. Our motto is Local Dominance, Unlimited Growth and we’ve developed into a leader in the local marketing software space that’ll help you simplify your marketing, allowing your pet spa to grow profitably. Request a demo to learn more about maximizing your ROI on Google Ads.