Fall is here! Days are getting shorter and temperatures are changing. While the calendar year is starting to wind down, demand for your business shouldn’t be.
In fact, according to Google, search demand over the next couple of months is looking strong for local, small businesses like yours. Now more than ever, there’s a real opportunity to fill your appointment pipeline utilizing search tactics so you finish the year strong and start 2021 even stronger!
Take a look at these search trends for the Home Improvement, Heating & Cooling, and Health & Wellness verticals.
Home Improvement (Blue) – People have spent much more time in their homes this year, which has resulted in increased demand for home improvement and repairs services. This September, search demand is 44% higher than last year and we expect that trend to continue. Plus, we have clients telling us their customers are booking further into colder months, which is extending their business season.
Heating & Cooling (Gold) – On the same thread, as people spend more time in their homes it has resulted in increased demand for heating and cooling services. Fall is already a peak time but with search demand being 39% higher in September compared to 2019, this year could mean record-breaking revenues.
Health & Wellness (Gray) – While March and April search demand was low due to COVID-19, the volume of searches increased way beyond previous-year levels. Now that volumes have normalized, health and wellness business searches are 24% higher this September versus last year. To make up for lost opportunities, now is a good time to grow new customers with search advertising.
6 Search Tactics to Fill Your Fall Lead Pipeline With Appointments
Search advertising shows ads to people searching for you or the services you offer. This tactic can be highly targeted and easy to scale up or down. Using one or a combination of these search ad offerings will maximize your lead flow.
- Google Search Ads
• Highly targeted ads that generate leads based on a cost/click model.
• Did you know $150 Google advertising credits are available for new search advertisers?!
- Google Local Service Ads
• Will display based on your operating hours, reputation, and a few other factors. This ad unit is based on a cost/lead model.
- Facebook Ads
• Another highly targeted ad that can generate leads as well as brand awareness. This ad unit is based on a cost/click model.
A healthy digital footprint that generates leads is about doing many things right. In addition to advertising, you need to make sure you are feeding Google and other search engines with rich content. Here’s how:
- Location-based Content
• Surefire’s marketing platform allows you to easily create hyper-local content at scale. Google and other search engines love this content and constantly add it to their search indexes. That means higher rankings in local search results.
• Fresh content helps websites rank and get found on Google. If your site has not added new content in a while, it can look stale to search engines.
- Social Media & Google My Business Posts
• This is free real estate where you can post about your brand and engage new and current customers. In addition to generating healthy signals for search engines, a robust social media and Google My Business presence strengthens your brand, which makes your advertising perform even better!
Would you like to learn more? Request a free demo of our all-in-one local marketing software and speak with a Digital Marketing Strategist to learn more about how best to utilize search tactics to fill your pipeline.