Thank you for tuning in to Remodeling Mastery! Make sure to press the ‘Subscribe’ button so you never miss our latest episodes. Just search for ‘Remodeling Mastery’ wherever you listen to podcasts.
Part 1. World-Class One-on-One Meetings
While the COVID-19 situation has made considerable changes in the work environment, there’s one factor that remains important whether or not there’s a pandemic: one-on-one meetings with your key rapports. For Mark Richardson, meetings ARE the job. “It’s not the doing of the work,” he says. “The meetings are a vehicle to get the work done…to grow ideas, grow the business, [and] to grow the people within the business.” Mark puts emphasis on creating world-class one-on-one meetings with your key team members. Here are the essentials:
- A one-on-one meeting is a two-way street.
- This type of meeting should always be a top priority–don’t skip them! Schedule at least one with a team member every week.
- How and where you conduct the one-on-one meeting, plus its pace and context, are also crucial.
- It’s not “one size fits all”. Personalize your one-on-one meetings in terms of length and structure.
- One-on-one meetings are not only about the discussion, it’s also about the relationship you have and your ability to work with that team member.
- You should give as much as you take in a one-on-one meeting.
- In a one-on-one meeting, it’s your obligation to communicate; not their responsibility to understand.
Why are one-on-one meetings important, and who should you do them with? Mark answers these and more in this section of the podcast.
Part 2. Interview with Tony Mancini, Group Director of SG Horizon
This segment sees Mark interviewing Tony Mancini, Group Director and Principal of SG Horizon, a top media company serving the residential and commercial design and construction markets. According to Tony, new home sales have gone through the roof. He talks about the dynamic of the new home and remodeling communities, and how they sustain one another. “We know that when people buy a new home or move into a new home, remodeling follows.” So what does Tony see on the horizon for the remodeling industry during this last quarter of the year? How should businesses operate in this new reality resulting from COVID-19? Find out more by tuning in to Mark and Tony in this episode of Remodeling Mastery.
Looking for a fresh perspective and of-the-moment education that suit both your business vision for 2021 and your wallet? Check out the 31st Annual Remodeling Show, which has been reimagined online! From November 16th-18th, you gain access to over 20 on-demand and live sessions for remodelers, so register now for free. Learn more and save your virtual seat by visiting Remodeling Show!