Thank you for tuning in to Remodeling Mastery! Make sure to click the ‘Subscribe’ button so you don’t miss out on our latest episode. Just search for ‘Remodeling Mastery’ wherever you listen to podcasts.
Remodeling Mastery · Stress + Interview with Remodeling Mastery Regular, Kermit Baker
Part 1. The Whole Issue of Stress
These are stressful times–but the level of stress for some is considerably greater than others. According to Mark, stress management is just as important as developing your team or creating the right culture for your business. By understanding stress, you’ll be able to come up with strategies that allow you to better manage it. Mark shares some variables that can create a high degree of stress in terms of your business and the current environment:
- Sense of being overwhelmed. Remodeling leaders have to juggle several things at once in these difficult times. The trick is to take on jobs that push your business past its comfort zone while allowing you to completely finish them to quality standards.
- Change and uncertainty. Government restrictions, plus other changes that can impact your business, are not exactly uncommon today, so you’ll want to adapt and make adjustments for them.
- Speed at which everything is happening. The pandemic’s spread–and the alterations resulting from it–left both homeowners and businesses reeling. The speed at which all of these changes occurred created a level of intensity and stress that are still affecting all of us today.
Mark suggests to make stress management a priority as your business enters the fourth quarter of the year. He shares these handy tips to help you better deal with stress in these unprecedented times:
- Use an effective time management system.
- Have the right level of stress, and use it to be productive and reach goals without being overwhelmed.
- Redefine the year as a 12-week cycle instead of the standard 12-month one.
- Don’t go it alone–it’s okay to accept help from others.
- Keep in touch with industry-related organizations that can help you grow your business.
Part 2. Interview with Remodeling Mastery Regular, Kermit Baker
This section of the podcast sees Mark and Kermit discussing why remodeling is on the up and up even with the uncertainty induced by the pandemic. One of the primary reasons is that homeowners are seeing and using their home differently, according to Kermit. They also examine the slight rise in people moving to suburban areas and how this movement can affect the remodeling industry.
Tune in to Mark and Kermit as they talk more about what’s possibly in store for the home improvement business in the 4th quarter of the year.