Thank you for listening to Remodeling Mastery! Subscribe right now so you never miss our latest episodes. Just look for “Remodeling Mastery” on the podcast app of your choice.
Remodeling Mastery · Halftime In The War On COVID – 19 + Michael Anschel, CEO of Otogawa-Anschel Design + Build
Part 1. Halftime in the War on COVID-19
Many home remodeling companies have adapted–and even thrived–in this “new normal” brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. But can you believe we’re only halfway through it? Mark Richardson says the more you think of the current situation as the halftime of a game, the better your chances of coming out of this intact. He lists some of the lessons we’ve learned during this crucial halfway point:
- Think of COVID-19 as a marathon to overcome instead of a sprint.
- Celebrate short-term victories.
- Take the current remodeling trend as an opportunity to improve your business marketing and work process.
- Be more empathetic to your team–each of them processes the pandemic situation differently.
- Many people are now looking at their home in a different light. You can benefit from this with the right considerations.
- Practicing a team sport mentality and improving communication is especially crucial right now.
- Embrace the uncertainties that are out there and be ready to react to them accordingly.
- Focus on your brand and reputation–many homeowners are now basing their home improvement decisions on these factors instead of price.
- Look at each calendar year as a 12-week cycle instead of the standard 12 months.
- Leadership teams are key to continued business success.
Given how we’re only at the halftime of the COVID-19 situation, it pays to plan and be more prepared for what’s coming ahead.
Part 2. Interview with Michael Anschel, CEO of Otogawa-Anschel Design + Build
In this section of the podcast, Mark interviews Michael Anschel about his insight on what’s happening out there and how it relates to his Minneapolis-based design-build firm. Michael expounds on the topic of pricing transparency. Most homeowners usually require exact numbers in their remodeling project–they don’t want to be in the dark when it comes to their project costs–and Michael meets this need by giving them a more detailed look at the cost estimate process. In his experience, this has helped build confidence between him and the homeowner.
Listen more as Mark and Michael discuss some of the remodeling challenges posed by the pandemic and how they can be mitigated through innovative safety practices.