Thank you for listening to Remodeling Mastery. Subscribe today to ensure you never miss a new episode by searching for Remodeling Mastery using your favorite podcast app.
PART 1: Culture Changes
Your business has a certain culture, has certain beliefs, has certain ways of doing things that ultimately define its identity. This culture acts as a magnet that attracts qualified people to work for you. The pandemic is changing the cultures of remodeling companies all across the country. More and more companies have a remote workforce. More and more customers are working from home. More and more people are prioritizing health and safety.
In today’s podcast, Mark Richardson will give you strategic and tactical information that will keep you from falling behind the wave of change that’s happening right now.
- The Client – Customers have hunkered down for quite some time now and this has led to changes in how they think about their home and how they evaluate remodeling companies. Homeowners want to find and develop a relationship with their remodeler. They also highly prioritize health and safety.
- Marketing – Remodeling companies typically have a high-touch way of generating leads. Moving forward, there’s going to be a lot more focus on digital marketing efforts. Clients now want to find you, more than they want you to find them. You need to put yourself out there now more than ever.
- Virtual Relationships – The reality is that we have been forced to have more virtual relationships in the past few months. These relationships can be very different from the ones that we’re used to offline. You’ll need to learn the best practices in creating and maintaining virtual relationships with your employees and customers.
- Work Environment – Many companies are looking to reduce their office footprint by as much as 50-75%. You’ll need to ask yourself what your work environment will look like in the future. Remote working and flexible hours might become a big part of what you do.
- You – How will you go about making your decisions in the future? Will you be focused on leadership policies or on dialogue and conversation with your team? Now’s the right time to focus on improving your leadership qualities.
PART 2: Thought Leader Interview With Brian Gottlieb
Brian Gottlieb is the CEO and President of Tundraland, one of the top remodeling companies in the country. Brian and Mark share insights about the changing business dynamics and culture in the remodeling industry. Tune in to learn about the fundamental changes and challenges that his company experienced during this pandemic.