There is a long list of benefits for digitizing your small business. Digitization within the workplace improves employee efficiency, makes communication easier, provides data for better decision-making, and makes business information easily accessible. For traditional businesses, it may take time to digitize the business but the benefits are worth the investment in time.
In a data-driven world, making your data digital will help you build a better business and get you ahead of the competition. However, your entire organization must buy-into digitalizing your business. Without their cooperation and skills to adopt new practices, your transformation will not be successful.
9 Ways to Get Your Company to Buy-in to Digitizing the Business
- Host lunch & learns and training sessions so your employees can learn the tools you are putting in place. Ensure that they’re not alone if they have trouble learning any new software. It will be a work in progress with a learning curve but everyone should work toward the end goal.
- Provide training materials and tutorials to make the adoption process easier. When you provide your team with more thorough guidance, they will be able to better manage the overload of new information.
- Create a support channel where anyone in the company can go to ask questions and get answers. With questions and answers in one place, it can slowly become a “Frequently Asked Questions” center for your organization.
- Make the benefits clear to your organization. Your employees will want to adopt new processes if there are great benefits. When everyone understands what you’re working towards, adopting new technologies will feel less of a burden and more of an exciting challenge to overcome.
- Be candid and communicate openly about what it’ll mean for your business. Outline the experience that you believe your organization is going to go through. There may be a transformation period and some hurdles to overcome. You should list the expected outcomes and the expected timeline.
- Ensure that your leadership team is adopting the new processes. They must lead the way for your employees and empower those below them to continue down the path to success.
- Take things one step at a time. There’s no need to rush the digitization process. Be sure to have a plan in place before pushing drastic processes within your organization. It’s necessary to walk before you run.
- Be strategic when choosing digital tools. Don’t just adopt any digital tool(s) for the sake of having one. You must be strategic when coming up with a digitization plan. You can even find software that interacts and links with one another so by selecting the proper digital tools, they’ll be able to work together to achieve your ultimate goals.
- Build new habits. Block off some time on your calendar to spend reading through tutorials or guides. Take time to browse your new digitization tools. Schedule weekly team meetings surrounding your new digitizing tools to make sure everyone is on the same page. If you’re not in the habit of logging onto software, make it a habit to use it weekly. Gradually increase your use to a couple of times a week.
Looking for Software that Interacts with Countless Tools?
The Surefire Local Marketing Platform is powered by the digital tools small businesses rely on every day. It integrates, interacts, and communicates with tools you may already have, like Salesforce, Quickbooks, Google Analytics, Facebook and so much more. You can manage your marketing all in one place, while capturing necessary data, like the lifecycle of a prospect or the traffic that you’re getting to your website.
There are so many capabilities within the Surefire Local Marketing Platform that will help digitize your business. The platform was built for small businesses to have everything they need in regards to their online presence, at their fingertips, all in one place. There’s nothing stopping your business from thriving when you have the ability to access your leads, analytics, content, and more from any device.