The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has shifted the world to Facebook and other social media channels as a way to stay connected while social distancing measures are in place. Recent studies show that advertising costs on Facebook are dropping as many local businesses have put a pause on their search engine marketing initiatives.
In March, Facebook traffic increased 27% – that’s a greater jump than Netflix. And it’s not just specific generations turning to Facebook, but all generations; from Millennials, Generation X, Generation Z, and Boomers.
The increased traffic along with the reduction in the number of businesses advertising has caused Facebook ad costs to drop. In this short video, we dive into this effect and how your business can find success with reaching more local prospects on Facebook.
Small Business Facebook Marketing Strategy
No social media strategy would be complete without a strong focus on Facebook. The best strategy leverages both organic engagement as well as paid advertising.
- It’s important to understand how upper-funnel activity can improve your lead flow
- Introduce your brand earlier in your prospective customer’s buying cycle
Organic Facebook Marketing
Create and publish consistently to:
- Maintain your brand awareness and develop trust so you are top-of-mind for the “bounce-back”
- Provide assurance by building positive sentiment and confidence in your customers
- Provide timely support and alternatives for consumers if needed
- Engage in conversations and create positive experiences
How to Improve Your Brand’s Online Visibility
Remember, it’s not only one thing that increases your overall online presence and visibility in local search. It’s a combination of a multitude of activities. Think of your online presence like an orchestra and you as the conductor. Together with the help of local marketing software, you can cultivate your online presence. Having an active presence on Facebook and other social media channels help your online presence meet search ranking factors:
Learn more about how to increase local search visibility by pulling 5 marketing levers.