How many online business directories have you added your business information to? If you answered not many or none, you are missing out on one of the biggest and easiest online presence optimization strategies available to you. So let’s talk about online business directories for small businesses and how they can help you. Then we will give you a big list of business directories with high domain ratings (more about that in a moment).
Let’s get started.
What Is a Business Directory?
There are two types of business directories—printed business listings and online business directory listings. Here we are going to be talking about online business directory listings.
Online business directories are websites that list businesses based on niche categories. A business directory category could be based on a specific niche, location, size, or activity.
Why Are Business Directories Important?
Business directories are important because being listed in an online directory helps someone search the internet for information so they can find your business more easily. Additionally, business directories will help improve your brand’s visibility because they contain your business name, address, and phone number (NAP). Business directories will also help you improve your local SEO and improve your search engine rankings because they are linked back to your site.
Your Business Directory Listings Should Include the Following Information
Google likes to see consistent information across all your web pages, social media pages, business directories, and all your digital assets. So the information you have on your web pages must consistently match all other information you put online.
For example, you should use the same business name, address, and phone number across all your online web pages, etc. Don’t use different phone numbers or different spelling variations of your address. And make sure you are providing the same company information across each directory. Consistency matters more than you think when it comes to online rankings.
Here are some of the things you should include on your business directory listings.
A Link Back to Your Website
Always link your business directory listing back to your website. Backlinks are another contributing factor when it comes to your company website’s Domain Rating (more about that in a moment). You might also consider adding a tracking link to the end of your URL for every business directory you are on. This will show you how much traffic your website is getting from any given directory you are linking to.
A Detailed Company Description
Your business directory listings should contain a detailed description of your business, what you do, what you offer, your company’s mission, the company culture, company values, and anything else you want people to know about you. Just remember to be consistent with the information you post across all your business directory listings.
It’s recommended you include high-quality images and/or videos on your business directory listings. These could be pictures of your facility or service trucks, your office environment, your team, educational or informational videos, or anything that reflects your daily business operations.
Now let’s talk about website domain ratings and domain authority.
Website Domain Ratings and Domain Authority
A website domain rating uses a metric to assign a number that reflects the strength of any given website’s backlink profile compared to other websites. The domain rating scale ranges from 1 to 100 with 100 being the best. New websites start at one and work their way up. Domain ratings are determined by the number of backlinks to a website, the quality of those links, and the relevance of those links. The higher your domain rating, the more likely Google will rank your website higher in search results. Domain authority, on the other hand, is a calculation used to predict how well any given website will rank in the search engines.
How Directory Listings Help You Attract More Customers
Business directory listings are something everyone should include in their online business marketing campaigns. And here’s why…
- Improves Your Online Presence – this is because people are already looking for your services online.
- Strengthens Your Reputation – directory listings are a trusted source for information.
- Increased Brand Awareness – directory listings help you gain an advantage over your competitors that don’t appear in business directories.
- Grows Your Local Visibility – directory listings help increase your local visibility, so you become more easily found on Google.
- Get Discovered More Easily – directory listings help your business get recommended in voice search.
- Broadens Your Business’s Reach – the more business directories you post to, the more exposure your business will get.
- Improves Your SEO and Page Rankings – business directory listings will help improve your SEO and help you rank higher on the search engines.
- Receive More Listings Than You Posted To – this is because listing sites will pull and compile business listings from larger directories to create their own business directory. Therefore, you might get more business directory listings than you posted.
- Improves Your Local Customer Interactions – when you post in business directories, you open up new avenues for more people to interact with you. This is because you are providing an easy way for anyone to ask a question or provide customer feedback.
The BIG List of High Domain Rating Business Directories
Now, as promised…your big list of local business directories along with their domain ratings. This list will help you start promoting your business today. There are lots of location-specific and industry-specific business directories where you can submit your information. However, it’s best to start with these high-authority business directories first, then work your way down to the smaller niche directories. Some of these directories offer free listings and others you have to pay for. However, they are well worth the investment.
Please Note: these domain ratings were recorded at the time of this writing and are subject to change.
1. Facebook Pages – has a domain rating of 100
2. Instagram for Business – has a domain rating of 99
3. Google Business Profiles – has a domain rating of 98
4. LinkedIn – has a domain rating of 98
5. Apple Maps – has a domain rating of 97
6. Yelp – has a domain rating of 95
7. Bing – has a domain rating of 93
8. Better Business Bureau – has a domain rating of 93
9. MapQuest – has a domain rating of 91
10. Foursquare – has a domain rating of 91
11. Angi (formerly Angie’s List) – has a domain rating of 91
12. Nextdoor – has a domain rating of 89
13. Yellow Pages – has a domain rating of 90
14. Thumbtack – has a domain rating of 90
15. YellowBook.com – has a domain rating of 81
16. ChamberofCommerce.com – has a domain rating of 81
17. Local.com – has a domain rating of 78
18. EZlocal.com – has a domain rating of 77
19. eLocal.com – has a domain rating of 77
20. EBusinessPages – has a domain rating of 76
21. City Squares – has a domain rating of 75
22. BOTW – has a domain rating of 74
23. iBegin – has a domain rating of 73
24. Neustar Localeze – has a domain rating of 73
25. Spoke – has a domain rating of 73
26. GoLocal247 – has a domain rating of 73
27. Call Up Contact – has a domain rating of 73
28. n49.com – has a domain rating of 73
29. Cybo – has a domain rating of 73
30. Just Landed – has a domain rating of 72
31. Tuugo.us – has a domain rating of 72
32. Lacartes – has a domain rating of 72
33. City Local Pro – has a domain rating of 72
34. Yellow.Place – has a domain rating of 72
35. Hub.biz – has a domain rating of 72
36. Cylex US – has a domain rating of 72
37. Fyple.com – has a domain rating of 68
38. Opendi.us – has a domain rating of 67
39. My Huckleberry – has a domain rating of 65
40. Bizhwy.com – has a domain rating of 65
41. DirJournal.com – has a domain rating of 58
42. USdirectory.com – has a domain rating of 58
43. Finduslocal.com – has a domain rating of 56
Would you like to be able to easily manage and update your business directory listings all from a single platform? Surefire Local can help.
Attend a Surefire Local Marketing Platform Demo
Surefire Local’s business intelligence marketing software is a high-powered online marketing platform that costs significantly less than other online marketing resources. And Surefire Local costs much less than hiring a digital marketing agency to do your marketing for you. The best part is that you can perform nine of your most important and time-consuming daily marketing tasks all on a single platform and all from one dashboard.
With Surefire Local, you can quickly and easily optimize your lead generation, reduce your cost-per-lead, generate more revenue for your business, and much more by simply using Surefire Local’s all-in-one marketing platform.
Request a Surefire Local Marketing Platform Demo Today!
We hope you enjoyed this article about Online Business Directories for Small Businesses. We look forward to hearing from you!