The new year is a time for businesses of all kinds to reflect back on what worked in the previous year and what your upcoming goals are. If you run a medical spa, you know how important proper planning is to your success. Your job consists of collecting payments, managing your office, improving relationships with clients, and, most importantly, treating patients.
With so much to do, it’s not uncommon for marketing to fall to the back burner. However, as you begin 2023, it’s a perfect time to reevaluate where your marketing plan currently is and put some steps in place to prepare for a great year ahead without overextending your capacity. Having an online marketing plan is a perfect way to head into the new year the right way and take control of your digital marketing activities.
If you want to have a plan for 2023 but aren’t sure where to start, then Surefire Local is here to help. We are offering an online blueprint for you to follow to help you achieve marketing success in 2023 and beyond. Read on to discover exactly how you can start developing a med spa online marketing plan.
Part 1: Setting the Stage for Success
Before you can get started with a new marketing plan for the new year, you first need to take a step back and take note of what marketing activities you’ve previously done. Think through the last year or two and identify what marketing activities you invested in. That could include things like social media campaigns, blog writing, ad campaigns, replying to reviews, and other online marketing tactics. Think about which ones were successful for you and that you want to repeat, and which ones didn’t work out so well.
If you have marketing regrets from the previous year, think about why you considered them unsuccessful. Was it because you didn’t have the time to fully see it through, or was it just a bad marketing match for your client base as a med spa? This can help you determine whether or not you want to attempt that same tactic again or let it go in favor of new approaches to online marketing.
After you’ve reflected on your previous marketing efforts, it’s time to think about what goals you want to achieve over the next 12 months. Having clear goals in mind will help you focus your marketing plan on actionable ideas and have clear goalposts to strive for. Some types of goals you might want to set can revolve around:
- Leads: How many new and qualified leads do you want to get on a monthly basis for this year?
- Reputation: Do you want to increase awareness of your med spa in your local community and become more credible online?
- Revenue: How much revenue do you want to take in over the year?
- Profitability: What goals can you set for your net profit after all costs have been considered?
- Employee growth: Do you want to hire new employees or expand the services of your med spa with a new health professional?
- New location: Do you want to expand your med spa and open a second location to take on new business?
Once you’ve set your goals and have clear objectives in mind, you can then start planning around your resources and budget. Figure out exactly how much you can allocate to marketing and then start prioritizing your goals so that you can invest the most money and resources in the most important objectives for your med spa in 2023.
Part 2: Crafting Your Marketing Plan
The next part of developing your med spa online marketing plan is to craft your actual initiative for the upcoming year. There are many different types of online marketing approaches you can partake in to help achieve your goals. A few of the most common types of online marketing tactics include:
- Website (new or updates): Your website is the hub of your business, so making sure you are updating it consistently or upgrading to a new website if yours is old is an important online marketing tactic.
- SEO: Search engine optimization refers to the tactics you can implement to help your website pages get found first in Google search results.
- Digital advertising: Another way to get found online is through digital ads. Although these can be costly, they are a great way to get direct leads and increase awareness of your brand.
- Review / reputation management: Managing your reputation through review management is an important step to engaging in the community and addressing the potential negative reviews your med spa might have.
- Directory listings management: Being listed in online directories helps you get found no matter what search engines or tools your customers are using to search for solutions to their problems.
- Social media marketing: Social media is a powerful tool that connects you directly to your customer base, so it’s an important channel to consider as you plan out your marketing initiatives.
- Content marketing: Having content allows you to build authority in your brand and prove to customers and search engines that you are knowledgeable in your field and are an industry leader and thought-maker.
- Email marketing: Email marketing helps you communicate with customers with little to no cost, delivering messaging directly into their inboxes throughout the year.
- Lead nurture: Helping convert your leads into customers requires a nurturing process through which you guide new leads into becoming loyal and returning clients for your med spa business.
- Text message marketing: Text message marketing is an even more direct way of communication with customers than email marketing. It allows you to send messages directly to their phones with important information about appointments or deals.
- Analytics: Analyzing your data and using it to make better decisions is an important part of online marketing that allows you to be knowledgeable as you make your choices for growth.
Part 3: Executing Your Marketing Plan
Once you’ve identified what tactics you want to try for the upcoming year, it’s time to execute your marketing plan. This step involves planning out when you want marketing activities to happen and then actually committing to them and executing them. While this step may at first seem overwhelming, with the help of a marketing calendar it is very doable, even for busy med spa owners.
A monthly marketing calendar helps you keep track of what activities you have planned for the month and when you want those to be completed by. For example, you might want to post on social media every other day, check your reviews every week, and write a piece of content every month. Having these tasks tracked in your calendar will help you stay ahead of your objectives and make sure you have plenty of time to create and execute before a deadline comes up.
Another powerful tool to help you execute your marketing plan is marketing software like the Surefire Local Marketing Platform. Marketing software will help make your marketing tasks easier to complete and faster to do. For example, with Surefire Local’s marketing software, you can plan out your social media posts and post them from one location, rather than logging in and out of social media accounts. You can also track all of your reviews, optimize your website with local check-ins that follow SEO best practices, and monitor your lead activity all on a single platform. This helps you save time and money while also helping you keep a strong overhead view of your overall marketing plan throughout the year.
Part 4: Setting the Stage for Growth
As you are implementing your marketing tasks, you also want to plan for growth in the future. Take the time to test and analyze everything you do, so you can see whether or not it works for your med spa business or if it’s more effort than it’s worth. You can also work to identify where your customers are coming from and then reallocate your budget to help optimize your conversions and customer growth. This will lead to greater revenue for your business and a strong idea of where your customers actually come from. Just make sure that all changes are reflected in your online marketing plan.
Part 5: Attend a Surefire Local Marketing Platform Demo
In order to accomplish your 2023 marketing goals, you need to have the right tools at your side. Surefire Local provides business intelligence marketing software that only costs a fraction of what other platforms and agencies will charge you. It allows you to manage the most important marketing activities you need to complete on a single platform while also avoiding the complications that come from platforms that don’t focus on user experience. With Surefire Local, you can create and execute your med spa online marketing plan with ease.To learn more about Surefire Local and how it can help your med spa grow, schedule a demo of the platform to discover exactly how we can help you with your online marketing plan.