Are you a plastic surgeon looking for local plastic surgery marketing tactics? If so, you have come to the right place. Effectively marketing your practice is the only way to build your practice’s local reach online. We are going to go over the importance of “local” in marketing and give you the five most important local marketing strategies plastic surgeons should invest in.
Let’s get started.
What Is the Importance of “Local” in Marketing?
The latest search trends show most people search with local intent in mind when looking for a plastic surgeon. People prefer to find someone nearby, rather than having to cross over 3 counties. Therefore, local marketing will help expand your reach to new audiences, boost your search rankings, increase your traffic, and will help establish your business’s authority and reputation in your local area.
Google and the other search engines take the local intent assumption into consideration. Then they prioritize those local factors in their search rankings. All search engines base their local search engine results mainly on relevance, prominence, and distance. They then use these results to provide the best match for the user’s search query.
Local marketing provides both immediate and long-term strategies that can boost your local online visibility. And local marketing makes it easier for new patients to find your plastic surgery business online.
So let’s talk about the local plastic surgery marketing tactics you can use to boost your online visibility and build your brand.
Five Local Marketing Strategies Plastic Surgeons Should Invest In
If you are a plastic surgeon using the right local marketing strategies could literally make or break the success of your practice. Here are five proven local plastic surgery marketing tactics that could help take your business to the next level and beyond.
1. Local SEO
Local search engine optimization (SEO) begins by doing some keyword research. Identify industry-specific and locale-specific keywords you can use. Finding and properly using the right keywords and phrases on your website and in your content is the best way to achieve first-page rankings on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
So when people perform searches such as “top nose job plastic surgeon in [your city name here]” or “best plastic surgeon near me,” that will match a user’s search because you included specific keywords and phrases that people use to perform a local search—meaning they need a plastic surgeon in [name of your city]. Keyword phrase example: top nose job plastic surgeon in Austin, TX.
But there are other ways to use SEO to boost your local online visibility. You can use your best keywords and phrases to optimize your website and your practice’s Google Business Profile (more about that in a moment).
2. Digital Advertising with Google and Facebook Ads
Google ads are a type of pay-per-click or PPC ads, which simply means you pay a fee each time your ad is clicked on. PPC ads are also based on keywords. If you use the right keywords in your ads, you will have a targeted audience clicking on those ads. If you don’t use the right keywords, you will reach an audience that isn’t interested in what you have to offer, so your campaign will be ineffective.
Facebook Advertising (PPC) works pretty much the same way as Google ads. Additionally, you can target specific groups of users based on demographics, interest in a topic, or other information that is gathered by the platform.
Digital advertising using Google and Facebook ads are great because they produce immediate results. And, with PPC ads, you can specifically target the audience you want to attract, so you get more bang for your buck.
3. Reviews and Ratings – Quality + Quantity
Reviews are like gold. Most people use reviews to make decisions on which product or service they ultimately choose. Nothing beats positive word of mouth. So reviews are your chance to make a great first impression. Therefore, you need quality reviews and lots of them to really make a difference in your traffic. If you are doing a great job and treating your patients right, getting good reviews shouldn’t be a problem. However, most people won’t leave a review unless you ask them to.
Post a sign in your office inviting your patients to leave a review and to talk with you first if they have a problem. You can also send your patients a follow-up email asking about their experience and then invite them to leave a review. Include a link to the most common review sites to make it easier for them to leave a review. Alternatively, you can send a thank you card in the mail that also invites them to leave you a review. Don’t forget to include the website addresses of the most popular review sites. Another option is to send them a text message with links to the review sites while inviting them to leave you a review.
Now, you need to manage your reviews. You can do this by responding to every review you receive, good and bad. It’s best to respond to all reviews the moment you receive them. To do that you need to have a way to track all online mentions of your business (more about that in a moment).
Here are the key review sites for plastic surgery practices.
Once you have some great reviews, you should add them to your website and to all other content you put out, including social media, emails, blogs, etc.
Next, you can create a page on your website that showcases your awards and accolades. Use this as proof of any accreditations and formal recognition your practice has received. And don’t forget to display those third-party icons to make it visually easier for your prospective patients to identify. This will help confirm your validity for people who are skeptical of online reviews.
4. Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business)
Google My Business is now called Google Business Profile. You should claim your Google Business Profile if you haven’t already done so. This will help increase your web presence and you will be more likely to appear organically in the search engine results. However, keep in mind it’s extremely important that your practice’s information is current and kept up to date. If your information becomes outdated, it could hurt your search engine rankings. It will also cause your practice to lose credibility and could confuse and frustrate your prospective patients.
5. Optimize and Reoptimize Your Content
Optimizing Your Content
Optimizing your content is one of the best ways to achieve high search engine rankings. You can optimize your content by doing the following.
- Find a topic your audience will want to read, then incorporate the right keywords for that topic into your content. And make sure you think about user search intent while doing this.
- Include semantically related keywords.
- Use your main keywords to answer questions about your topic.
- Don’t overuse your keywords and keyword phrases.
- Add images and videos to increase reader engagement and reduce your bounce rate.
- Interlink your content from one related page to another to make it easier for the search engine bots to crawl and for humans to navigate.
- Write in-depth content that covers your topic in detail.
- Update your content regularly.
Reoptimizing Your Content
Reoptimizing your content means taking your old content and updating it. And you can do that by doing the following.
- Find the content that’s performing well and analyze it to see which keywords it’s ranking for. Then only use the keywords that are bringing you results.
- Now take those keywords and rewrite that content using those keywords. Be careful not to cannibalize keywords you are using on other content. You don’t want to take traffic away from other high-performing articles.
- After republishing your content, reindex it in Google. You can do this by going to Google Search Console, then to the URL Inspection Tool where you can request reindexing.
Here’s how you can make these five local marketing strategies quicker, easier, and cheaper to implement.
Request a Surefire Local Business Intelligence Marketing Software Demo
A Surefire Local business intelligence marketing software demo will let you experience the power of this platform firsthand. The Surefire Local Marketing Platform will show you just how easy it can be to manage your entire online presence from one easy-to-use platform. A free demo will give you the information you need to make an educated decision about whether or not this software is right for your specific situation.
Surefire Local partners with the world’s leading businesses such as Google, Facebook, Salesforce, Intuit Quickbooks, Yelp, Inc. 5000, and more. Surefire Local is an all-in-one platform that enables you to take nine of the most important online marketing activities and perform them all from a single dashboard. Here is what Surefire Local can help you do.
- Request, manage, and respond to your ratings and reviews.
- Update and manage business listings on 70+ directories.
- Generate, schedule, and distribute your content marketing across blogs, websites, and social media channels.
- Manage, track, and follow up with your lead pipeline.
- Advertise on any search engine or social media network using our pre-built, location-based ad campaigns then track their effectiveness.
- Monitor all analytics by tracking calls, monitoring web traffic, measuring your paid and social media campaigns, and handling all the reporting.
- Perform competitor analysis.
- Use our geolocation check-in feature to let your patients know where you are. It will also enable you to send your patients any important information you want them to receive.
- Answer questions, increase engagement, and convert more leads by texting or chatting in real-time using text message marketing.
Contact Surefire Local today to request a demo of our business intelligence marketing software and to learn more about the most impactful local plastic surgery marketing tactics. Let us show you just how easy and cost-effective marketing your plastic surgery business can be.