5 Google My Business Tools Home Improvement Contractors Should Start Using
Google My Business has quickly become one of the most powerful tools for a home improvement business. It allows you to easily manage and improve your business’ online presence, helping you attract the right kind of clients across the entire Google ecosystem including Google Search and Maps. We’re going to briefly go over the 5 Google My Business features we believe are the most valuable to home improvement contractors, helping you reach more local clients, but to get a detailed strategy for how to use Google My Business to its fullest, download our guide for free here.
Google My Business Tools for Home Improvement Contractors
1. Google Posts: This feature allows you to create and publish content directly on Google. These Posts show up in the area below your Google My Business listing, also known as your Knowledge Panel. Google Posts allow for FREE views while helping to boost your content, promotions and events. To get the most of your post, make sure to include a picture, message, link, and button type.
2. Services: You can use this tool to highlight what you’re offering to clients, allowing you to add a whole menu of the services that you provide within your Google My Business listing in search results. This is a mobile-only feature (for now at least) and lets you categorize services and add descriptions. This offers a great way to draw the attention of homeowners looking for a particular service provider quickly.
3. Messages: This mobile-exclusive feature offers a new way to engage homeowners you want to interact with your business via mobile text. It comes with a customizable opening message and Google even measures and reports how quickly you respond. A fast response to your mobile audience can help make them interact more with your business.
4. Appointment Link: Make it easy for your prospective clients to reach your business with this handy tool. Setting it up is a piece of cake–just edit the URLs section of your Google My Business Listing and add the link to the correct field.
5. Video: Help homeowners get a clearer idea on how you do business with this new feature. Upload videos about your business to help generate leads. You’ll want to take the videos you upload seriously–they are more memorable than text content and can help increase conversions by up to 80%.
To learn more about Google My Business and its benefits to business owners, download our Digital Marketing Guide here.
Surefire Local is a full-service technology and digital marketing company. Our marketing software – the Surefire Local Marketing Cloud – is a single platform that allows home improvement businesses to see more, do more, and get more help with their local marketing. Ultimately, this hardworking marketing platform closes the gap in the journey from prospect to customer, bringing technology and marketing together for success. Call or text (571) 327-3391 or email email@example.com today to schedule a complimentary consultation to get an expert analysis of your online presence and website.