As a plastic surgeon, one of the best things you can do to become more relevant and profitable is to build your brand. Your clinic’s brand, reputation, and authority in the industry could make or break your success. Therefore, it’s worth the time and effort it takes to build your brand and its reputation.
So let’s talk about what branding is and why developing a brand matters. Then we will give you ten of the best brand development tips for plastic surgeons. This information will help you build your brand and take your business to the next level.
What Is Branding?
Branding is what makes your company instantly recognizable the moment someone hears your name or sees your products and services. Think about Coke and Nike. Most people would instantly recognize those products from a distance without having to read the label—that’s the result of good branding. However, branding is so much more than just what people see. It’s about how your brand makes them feel. So remember that while you are creating your brand.
Why Developing a Brand Matters?
Branding creates a memorable impression and a feeling for anyone who sees or hears your company’s name. So why else does developing a brand matter?
- Branding differentiates you from your competition.
- Branding helps increase the value of your practice.
- Branding makes your practice more trustworthy.
- Branding gives your practice more authority in the industry.
- Branding helps break down trust barriers because you will no longer be an unknown and unrecognizable plastic surgery practice.
- Brand recognition will make you appear more prominent just because of name recognition alone.
- Branding gives you an immediately recognizable image.
Now let’s take a look at some brand development tips for plastic surgeons. This information will give you a bit of guidance when it comes to branding your practice.
10 Brand Development Tips for Plastic Surgeons
The reason for branding is to produce the image you want your practice to portray. Therefore, you should try to come up with a slogan that is clever, funny, entertaining, or anything else that would help make your practice memorable. Just make sure your idea is unique enough and strong enough that people won’t confuse your brand with someone else’s.
Next, you will want to select your logo, colors, fonts, and anything else that will be associated with your business and match them across all your online and offline assets. For example, your website, business directories, social media pages, promotional materials, print materials—everything!
Here are ten specific brand development tips for plastic surgeons.
1. Define What Makes Your Business Unique
What does your practice do that is different from or better than everyone else’s? If you don’t have a unique selling point (USP), create one. When developing your USP you only have to answer one question and that is “Why us?” If you can’t answer that question, then your potential clients probably won’t be able to either.
2. Evaluate Your Competitors
Study your competitors to see what they are doing. Then figure out how you could do it better. What are your competitors doing that’s not working? You can usually find that information on social media feedback, forums, the BBB, etc. by looking at what people are complaining about.
You can then use that information to your advantage by advertising what you do/don’t offer, etc. whatever it is that people don’t like about your competitors. Look for underserved areas in the industry and fill them. Again, you can look at social media pages and forums, etc. to see what everyone is talking about. And if you see trends of things people want, aren’t getting, or aren’t finding, jump in there and give it to them.
3. Identify Your Ideal Client
Studying your target demographic will help you know and understand their likes, dislikes, wants, and needs. Then you can target and craft all your content and advertising based on that information. Give the people what they want and need, and your practice will thrive.
4. Use Compelling Messaging
Using emotion and pain points is the best way to write a compelling message. Doing so will make your content relatable. For example, if you know most of your patients are unhappy with xyz, others probably are too. That’s just one example. Your messaging should reflect that you can relate to their pain and how you can help.
5. Create a Professional Logo
Spend some time creating a professional logo or have someone do it for you. Your logo is one of the first things people see when they come across your practice. So it needs to be great! Think about what colors and fonts you want to use, the graphics, and any verbiage you are going to include. And don’t forget to make your logo memorable.
6. Be Consistent
Make sure everything you do across all your digital assets is consistent. Every piece of information, such as your name, address, phone number, URL, business personality, colors, etc. All your information must be consistent; otherwise, the search engines might not rank your practice as high in the rankings.
The second part of being consistent relates to consistently posting fresh content on your website, social media pages, adding your information to new directories, and anything else you can post online. The more you do, the more exposure your practice will get.
7. Be Authentic
Being authentic is one of the best ways to build a positive brand reputation. People know when someone is just going through the motions and could care less about them. So make sure you (and your team) are always coming across as genuine and sincere. And that goes for how you comment and reply to feedback on your social media pages as well.
8. Engage Your Community
Find ways to engage your community. Post polls, quizzes, brain teasers, or hot topic content that will get people talking. Anything that will encourage people to engage with you online. Additionally, make sure you are engaging with them as well. When someone posts a positive review, thank them. If they post a negative review, respond professionally and accordingly. If someone asks a question, answer it. And make sure your responses are timely. Don’t let weeks go by to respond to your audience.
9. Create Valuable Content
Always create high-quality, high-value content. You want people to get value from the content you post. If they don’t, they will stop reading your content altogether. Additionally, you should be posting content that people will actually want to read and share. Don’t just post something for the sake of posting.
10. Build a Reputation
The best way to begin building your brand’s reputation is to take what you’re already known for and build on that. Then you can publish that information on all your digital assets. For example, how many 5-Star patient reviews do you have? What is your Better Business Bureau Rating? Etc.
Then you can begin improving other aspects of your business. Concentrate on things that will produce positive word of mouth or powerful content that could go viral.
Here are a few things you could do to help create a positive brand reputation.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Establish an online presence. This can be done by signing up for and posting on business directories, answering questions in industry-related forums, adding a blog to your website, building an online store for any products you sell, utilizing retargeting, etc.
- Create and publish high-quality content.
- Be authentic, genuine, open, and honest.
- Actively seek client reviews and then respond to them.
- Develop engaging social media pages.
Would you like a resource that would help you streamline and automate your most important daily online marketing tasks? Then you might want to check into an online tool called Surefire Local. It’s amazing and once you’ve tried it, your daily marketing routine will never be the same!
How to Build Your Brand with Surefire Local
Here are a few of the things Surefire Local can do to help you build your brand, reputation, and authority. Then Surefire Local will help you manage and maintain everything all from a single dashboard.
- Send Review Requests: Surefire Local can help you send review requests and respond to them via text messages and emails.
- Share Photos and Videos: Surefire Local can help you post photos and videos for all your online content and all from a single dashboard.
- Create and Publish Content: Surefire Local makes it easy to generate, schedule, distribute, and stay on schedule with all your content posting. That includes your blogs, social media pages, Google Business Profile, and more.
- Maintain Consistency: Surefire Local makes it easy for you to maintain consistency when it comes to the information found about your clinic online, including your name, address, and phone number. It can even help with your special offers and anything else you want the public to know.
- Website Optimization: Surefire Local can help you with website optimization. Optimizing your website will help increase your local search rankings.
- Measure Engagement: Surefire Local provides you with an easy way to measure audience engagement. This will help you determine what they are most interested in.
- Send Targeted Email Campaigns: Sending your email list targeted campaigns is the best way to foster and maintain client relationships. And Surefire Local can help you with that as well.
- Determine Brand Sentiment: Surefire Local can help you determine brand sentiment by providing you with the ability to create a word-cloud graph. Your word-cloud graph will reveal frequently used words that people are using in their reviews. You can then study those words to find trends, areas of improvement, and topics for producing new content.
Attend a Surefire Local Marketing Platform Demo
Surefire Local provides business intelligence marketing software that costs much less than other online marketing tools and significantly less than a digital marketing agency would charge. Additionally, the Surefire Local platform enables you to perform many of your daily online marketing tasks all from a single dashboard. That means you no longer have to log in and out of multiple programs to perform singular tasks.
We hope you have enjoyed this article on Brand Development Tips for Plastic Surgeons. We look forward to helping you take your business to the next level!