Thank you for listening to Remodeling Mastery. Subscribe today to ensure you never miss a new episode by searching for Remodeling Mastery using your favorite podcast app.
Remodeling Mastery · Investing In Yourself + Thought Leader Interview with Erika Taylor on COVID-19 and the Industry
PART 1: Ten Ways to Invest in Yourself
Mark Richardson shares insights into 10 ways on how to best use the extra time during this period.
- Develop the Right Mindset – You now have the time and opportunity to have access to insights and information that can help you succeed with your business. Think of it like attending a virtual university. Set aside some time every day to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Take Inventory – Take inventory of yourself and figure out your own personal and professional fitness. Score yourself on different criteria and then focus on improving your weaknesses bit by bit.
- Improve Your Technology Skills – Technology has already revolutionized our business. Take some time to sharpen your technology skills. We suggest developing your acumen and your speed.
- Focus on Your Relationships – Make a list of all of your meaningful family, personal and professional relationships. Take some time out of your day to reach out in a meaningful way to one person from your list. Do this every day. Your relationships are what people will remember about you.
- Practice Your Hobbies – Take the time to slow down and get back into your hobbies. Investing the time and energy into your hobbies can be therapeutic. You’ll be better at the end of it.
- Improve the Processes and Systems of Your Business – You need to analyze your business processes and figure out ways to make them more efficient.
- Engage With Your Community – This is not the time to make an island out of yourself. Reach out to your communities.
- Develop Technology Tools – Develop new tools or take old tools and push them to the limit. Think about how you can integrate technology into your business and how it can take your business to the next level.
- Improve Your Leadership Skills – The biggest and most important thing that can lead your business through all this is your leadership.
- Focus on Your Health and Fitness – If you can focus on getting on a good path as it relates to your health and fitness then you will feel better and you will be able to position yourself better after this period.
PART 2: Thought Leader Interview With Erika Taylor
Erika Taylor is the chief of content for one of the top construction and remodeling trade publications in the country: Professional Remodeler. Together, she and Mark share the latest insights on how COVID-19 has affected the home services industry and economy and discuss the surprising opportunities that have arisen during this time.
Subscribe to Remodeling Mastery: iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | Stitcher