Blog, Digital Marketing, Our Blog, Podcasts,
Tune into Episode 107 of Mark G. Richardson’s hit series, Remodeling Mastery and discover the right strategies and skill sets to win in 2019!
In this episode…
Mark G. Richardson shifts the focus to the future and thinking about 2019. He shares a dozen predictions for what the year may hold and talks through strategies and skill sets that’ll be required in order to position your business for success.
Quite often, you’re running so fast and furious that you don’t spend a lot of time thinking about your business and the future. You likely spend more time putting out fires, juggling client issues, selling the next project, and looking for the next lead opportunity. While each of these is crucial to get right, you may be ultimately falling short if you don’t spend at least some time thinking about the future and about your business. After all, Mark says it best:
“Your ability to predict is the difference between winning and losing.” Mark G. Richardson
Mark G. Richardson’s 12 Predictions for 2019
While some of these predictions may seem obvious to you, there are others you likely haven’t thought about yet. The best news is that there is still plenty of time before 2019 arrives where you can invest some mindpower and really think about how your business is positioned for success.
Here are the 12 predictions summarized. Mark goes into greater detail on each of these in the episode!
- Prediction #1: Based on watching the last 3 to 6 years, we’re going to see home appreciation flatten out in most markets.
- Prediction #2: Interest rates will continue to increase in 2019, resulting in more people staying in their homes and remodeling vs moving to a new home.
- Prediction #3: There will be a shift in homeowner demographics and millennials will play a more significant role
- Prediction #4: Project types will see a major shift. Average dollar spend will be similar in 2019 as it is now, and maybe increase but we’re going to continue to see the project blend drop off.
- Prediction #5: The actual cost of projects to homeowners in 2019 will increase by about 10% due to the cost of materials, tariffs, labor and more. However, it’ll hopefully be less than the 15-20% increase we saw in 2018.
- Prediction #6: We’ll see more transparency in regards to the actual details and costs of the project due to the changing contractor/client dynamic and the information that’s available out there on the Internet.
- Prediction #7: The labor shortage will continue to be a challenge so it’ll be important to approach it in innovative ways and find efficiencies and improvements in your processes more so than finding more people to join your team.
- Prediction #8: The overall selling process is going to change more and more. In-home selling is going to shift more towards online selling and create an entirely new experience based on speed and convenience.
- Prediction #9: Amazon and Google will have a much bigger impact with regards to home improvement projects.
- Prediction #10: You’re going to need to have a strong digital marketing strategy to compliment your personal complement job signs, and trucks with getting new customers.
- Prediction #11: Your entire organization will have to be social media experts and social media will be the glue that hooks everything together.
- Prediction #12: Innovation and new ways of doing things will win over reputation.
What are your predictions for 2019? Go ahead and share your predictions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!