On Demand, Video, Webinar,
What Does It Take to Become a Trusted Brand?
In last week’s webinar, Kelsey Coleman of the Better Business Bureau gave an excellent talk about how local businesses can use their online reputation to earn the trust of your customers. Below are some of the key takeaways from the talk.
The 5 Gestures of Trust
These are the five things customers are looking for in the businesses they support.
- Equitability. Customers want to feel empowered, that they are on equal playing fields with your business.
- Humility. Customers want to feel that you value your community and actively engage with it.
- Proactivity. Customers want to know that you take their concerns seriously and respond to their inquiries promptly.
- Transparency. Customers want to see that you are open about your operations and that you readily admit to any mistakes you make.
- Honesty. Customers want to see that you are able and willing to keep your promises.
Small Steps, Huge Impact
In business, trust is currency. When it’s built into your business, you don’t have to convince consumers to buy. Your reputation does the selling for you!
Here are ten small steps that will help you build trust:
- Be online.
- Make sure your business information is complete and accurate everywhere.
- Maintain a positive online reputation.
- Respond to reviews and inquiries within 24 hours.
- Keep track of what others are posting about your business.
- Be a part of the conversation on social media.
- Help customers make informed buying decisions.
- Honor all written and verbal promises.
- Respect customer privacy.
- Think like a customer: Would you want to do business with you?
Talk to one of the marketing experts at Surefire to learn how to take a proactive approach to building and managing your online reputation. We’ll show you a hardworking tool that can help you build trust and stay on task with your digital marketing, all in one place.