How to Use Google My Business to Boost Your Contractor Marketing
Did you realize that as many as 97 percent of your potential customers are looking for you on Google—yes, even as a local contractor? However, only 37 percent of local businesses have a claimed Google My Business listing within the search engine. If you haven’t claimed yours, then you are missing out on an enormous opportunity to beat out your competition and get your name in front of the locals looking for your services. Here’s a closer look at why a Google My Business profile is critical to your contractor marketing, as well as tips to help you make the most of yours.
Why Claiming Your Google My Business Profile Is a Must
Every business is technically listed on Google, but it is only when you claim your Google My Business profile that you can really capitalize on this valuable tool. It allows you to interact with your customers, makes your company stand out in the search results, ensures your contact information is correct, and helps you show up on Google Maps. In other words, it helps you get found by the 97 percent of people who are using Google to find local contractors. What’s more, it makes you privy to valuable insights about how people are finding you, where they live, and what interactions they are initiating with you.
Using Google Posts to Further Boost Your Online Presence
Another enormous perk of making Google My Business a key part of your contractor marketing strategy is the ability to use Google Posts. A post is extra information you can show to users when they locate your business on Google Search. Your listing contains a “Posts” tab that can feature whatever text, videos, or photos you choose to highlight to promote your business.
Benefits of Google Posts
By offering potential customers additional information about your business, you will give them the extra reassurance they need to pick up the phone and call you. Some of the benefits of Google Posts include:
- Give local customers an easy and direct way to communicate with you
- Provide timely information for an enhanced customer experience
- Promote your current specials, upcoming events, and exclusive offers
- Engage potential customers and highlight your services with alluring photos and videos
Types of Google Posts
Currently, Google gives you four options for posts:
- What’s New– This is a way for you to announce information to your customers, whether that be a new service you added, updated contact information, or anything else you think they will want to know.
- Events – If you have an event coming up—maybe you are going to be at a trade show or expo—you can let users know with an event post.
- Offers – When you have a special offer for potential customers, this is the type of post you will want to use. In addition to a photo or video, you can add a link, coupon code, and even the offer’s terms and conditions.
- Products– While you primarily offer services, you might also sell complementary products that you want to promote. This is a great way to do it.
Tips to Make Your Google Post a Success
Now that you know what Google Posts are and how they can you grow your contractor marketing strategy online, it’s time to learn how to design your post to be as effective as possible:
- Start with a clear photo that highlights some of your best work. Make sure it is well-lit and alluring.
- Write a headline that helps the reader visualize what your services can do for them. For example: “Make Your Dream Home a Reality with Our Fall Renovation Special.”
- Keep the post brief, straight to the point, and only include the important details.
- Include a clear call to action encouraging the reader to “Book now” or “Call today.”
When potential customers need your services, they turn to Google. By keeping your Google My Business profile up to date and utilizing Google Posts, you can be sure that when locals search for a contractor in your industry, you will be the one that sticks out. Google My Business is just the beginning of a successful contractor marketing strategy. At Surefire Local, we have a full repertoire of techniques that we can implement for you to make sure your local search engine results are above your competition.